With our decades of Industrial Relocation experience, we have helped hundreds of clients relocate manufacturing operations both within the UK and overseas. We have done this whilst minimising disruption to their production and ensuring outstanding safety and compliance throughout their relocation.
Fully Managed Relocations
Full project management on relocations including lifting plans, dismantling & installation of machinery.
Specialist In-House Plant & Equipment
Heavy machinery lifting with our dedicated fleet including forklifts, versa lifts, and cranes.
Mechanical & Electrical Services
Site preparation, machinery dismantling and reassembly by our in-house team of engineers.
Machinery Storage & Disposal
Short & long-term storage within our facility, as well as compliant disposals of machinery.
As heavy machinery moving experts, VIG offer specialist industrial relocation services that are efficient and cost-effective. Our main aim is to minimise the impact the relocation process has on your business, maximising productivity and avoiding any potential disruption to your operations.
Experts in Industrial Relocation Projects
Whether you are relocating in the UK or overseas, we provide a full industrial relocation service to help you move your existing production lines, machinery or equipment.
Industrial relocations are handled in partnership with our clients, going beyond a basic Lift & Shift, to provide flexible solutions in order to minimise operational downtime and streamline your new production site.
Every machinery move and industrial relocation we perform is centred around safety, and we place it first on our list of priorities. We have a proven safety record due to our decades of experience, documented operating practices, and compliance with regulatory standards.
A full health & safety planning phase is conducted before moving equipment, machinery, or plants. Specifically, this includes Risk Assessments, Method Statements (RAMS), Job Safety Plans, and any necessary safety training. As part of our health & safety program, we also hold regular meetings with all project members (often weekly or monthly).
Individual machinery moves and factory relocations within any given country.
Cross-country & cross-continental relocations of production lines, machinery and equipment internationally.
Our Factory Relocation Service Includes:
- Assignment of dedicated factory relocation project manager where appropriate.
- Removal & fully compliant disposal of non-required machinery.
- A site visit will be undertaken to ensure any safety risks or access issues are identified and planned for in advance, ensuring compliance with all Health & safety regulations.
- Transporting production lines machinery and equipment within the UK and internationally.
- Safety documentation, including risk assessments & method statements (RAMS) lift plans, lifting compliance certificates, and CDM planning & management where required.
- In-house electric non-marking plant and equipment for clean, sterile environments, including pharmaceutical healthcare and food & beverage sectors.
- Heavy moving of machinery using our dedicated in-house fleet, including forklifts versa lifts, and varying types of Cranes.
- Handover to the client with the appropriate documentation.
- Mechanical and electrical disconnection & reconnection of machinery with supporting Disconnection sheets.
- Dedicated in-house labour assigned to your relocation.
- Line level position and bolt-down of machinery with floor marking services as required.
- Full Turnkey solutions are available for complex relocations.
- Packing & export of Production Lines & equipment according to specific country transit requirements.
- Short & long-term storage of machinery & equipment between factory relocations and individual machinery moves.
Experienced Industrial Relocation Professionals
Our dedicated team of highly experienced and qualified riggers, mechanical fitters, electricians, crane operators, and project managers enables us to carry out industrial relocation on time, within budget, and all whilst working within a live production environment.
Due to our workforce being fully employed, we can ensure our high level of Health, Safety and Quality standards are maintained across all projects, regardless of size or value.
Fully-equipped to deliver
We have our own fleet of the latest and most versatile transportation vehicles, mobile cranes, and specialist forklifts, as well as industry-standard and bespoke project-specific lifting systems and equipment.
- 25/35 Versa-Lift Trucks
- JMG MC160 – 16 ton Pick and Carry, All electric
- Valla 120E mobile pick and carry cranes with a lifting capacity of 12T
- Overhead cranes
- Hydraulic jacking systems
- Fully equipped tackle vans